Services For Holiday Let Owners
We offer a full management service for holiday let owners, details of which are below. If you are interested in our service or have any questions please get in touch – contact details here.
* Carry out property appraisal (incl. visit providing expert and honest advice on the presentation of the property and estimate of rate per night) (1)
* Advise of legal and health & safety requirements and provide copy of Guide to Health & Safety in Short Lets
* Provide Short Let Checklist
* Provide recommendations of contractors to assist with the preparation of the property
* Compile multi-photo property details
* Advertise the property on our website
* Advertise the property on the internet
* Handle guest enquiries and receive bookings
Preparation for Guests
* Arrange hotel-quality cleaning and linen change
* Provide 24 X 7 telephone support for guests
* Process payments monthly, providing The Owner with detailed financial statements, and remitting the balance on account to nominated bank account (2)
* Report monthly any issues or events connected with the property
* Arrange repairs of the property using insured and approved contractors (incl. fixtures, fittings and contents), The Owner being responsible for all costs involved
* Arrange planned maintenance including any assessments, checks, inspections and testing of appliances, equipment and installations in the property, The Owner being responsible for all costs involved
* Receive and arrange payment of contractor’s invoices
* Manage out-of-hours emergencies (24 X 7)
* Act as an agent of necessity arranging cleaning, linen, repairs or maintenance at, or to, the property including fixtures, fittings or contents and any replacements which come to or are brought to The Agent's notice and which The Agent considers necessary, up to an estimated cost of £150 (or such other amount as shall be agreed in writing) without reference to The Owner for any issue, The Owner being responsible for all costs involved (3)
End of Stay
* Arrange or carrying out changeover check (4)
* Arrange hotel-quality cleaning and linen change (5)
TARIFF OF FEES AND CHARGES
Management Fee equivalent to 15% + VAT (18% incl. VAT) of rental income received. Reduced to 14% + VAT (16.8% incl. VAT) of rental income received for owners or their immediate family using any of our Full Management services to manage more than one property.
The Management Fee is payable from rent collected.
Booking Fee – the fees charged for bookings vary dependent on the platform used to take the booking:
- AirBnB – The host service fee is generally 3% + VAT per booking automatically charged at the time of booking but may be higher for hosts who have a Super Strict cancellation policy.
- Booking.com – 15% + VAT per booking charged monthly. 1.3% charged per booking for processing payments from guests.
Card Processing Fee of 2.4% + 20p applies to any card payments Jungle Cottages processes directly on behalf of The Owner. This does not apply to card payments made directly to any booking platform.
Duplication of keys charged at cost.
Professional Fees – £42.20 per hour (£50.64 including VAT) for any work additional to that covered in Section A of the Client Agreement that The Owner has requested or formally agreed to.
Off-site key collection service charged at cost to the owner – price available on request depending on property location.
1 – The Owner must provide Jungle Cottages with the rate per night.
2 – Responding to The Owner’s accountant enquiries is chargeable at the hourly rate for Professional Fees as detailed in the Client Agreement and billable by the minute.
3 – Where the estimated cost exceeds £150 (including VAT), Jungle Cottages will notify The Owner or The Owner’s representative who will be responsible for arranging and paying for such work.
4 – Jungle Cottages will only check items that are included in the Changeover Checklist provided by the Owner to Jungle Cottages. Where The Owner arranges or carries out the cleaning for any end of let clean, The Owner is responsible for arranging or carrying out the changeover check. Additional visits to the property other than visits conducted as part of the changeover check are chargeable at the hourly rate for Professional Fees as detailed in the Client Agreement with a minimum charge of one hour.
5 – Where The Owner arranges or carries out the cleaning for any end of let clean, The Owner is responsible for cancelling any cleaning arranged by Jungle Cottages direct with the cleaner/housekeeper and The Owner is liable for any costs incurred as a result of cancelling the cleaner/housekeeper or for any costs incurred as a result of the failure by The Owner to cancel the cleaner/housekeeper direct.